One of the reviewers of my book described it as a Wake Up Call and this phrase is being used more and more in relation to climate change, especially as people have experienced extremes of weather in the last two years.
Now, the Guardian has published an article about the things that their readers have described as Wake Up Calls:
They include the following:
- The 2018 heatwave.
- Wildfires in California.
- The IPCC report, saying we have 12 years.
- The launch of Extinction Rebellion.
- Extreme heatwaves harming the poorest people.
- The’Beast from the East’.
- ‘The changing political landscape prompted me’